Theatre at Passmore Edwards
Introducing Applecart Arts' new theatre space. This converted reading room is now available for theatre, music, comedy, film nights, film & photography shoots, events, conferences and much more.
Our theatre boasts an impressive array of facilities.
- Black box or natural light
- Fast, dedicated Wifi that is free to access, with a leased line fibre internet connection direct to the building and a copper backup
- Air conditioning
- Removable tiered seating for 52 people
- On site laundry facilities
- A dressing room suitable for up to 6 people
- A friendly and affordable on site cafe serving home cooked food and great coffee
- 46 channels of dimming
- In house standard rig includes generic, LED and moving light fixtures
- Control across ARTNET from multiple locations around the building, running ETC EOS lighting control software
- Six lighting bars making a grid in the space (on 15A) with a UDL of 500kg
- A sound system with live digital mixing and Qlab playback with pro audio and video license
- Projection and TV playback facilities
- 4K Live streaming setup, with Blackmagic vision mixing, jib cameras, radio mics (handheld and lapel) for expert capture of any event or performance
Built in 1899, the Passmore Edwards Library (East Ham) served as a library for the local community until 1995. Sitting on the edge of the beautiful Plashet Park, the building was then converted into a Registry Office and continued to host ceremonies until 2017 when it closed to the public. In 2021, Applecart Arts took over the building, and converted it into a beautiful arts and community centre, with a busy affordable cafe, exhibition area, studio and theatre space, and artist studios in the upper floor.