Benslow Music Trust
The whole Benslow Music site encompasses 10 multi-functional rehearsal spaces, including two concert halls: The Peter Morrison Hall seating 100 for intimate concerts; the Millennium Lottery Funded Waldeck building which incorporates both Palmer Hall - a smaller recital hall seating 50 and four individual practice rooms; The Fieldfair block incorporating a medium Ensemble Room and practice room; The studio a practice room situated in the Stable Block; and Ibberson, a rehearsal space in the main house. All rooms are well equipped for music making and all have at least one piano – see list below.
Peter Morrison Hall
Benslow’s largest performance space with modular staging and streaming facilities.
Pianos: a Steinway A, a Steinway B, two Clavinovas and a Welmar.
Fieldfare Ensemble Room
Medium sized Ensemble Room with a Grand Bechstein, Baby Grand Bosendorfer, a Clavinova and a Chappell.
Stephen Wikinson Room
A practice room in the Fieldfare block with a Blüthner and a Knight
2 x Clavinova
Award-winning Millennium Lottery funded practice and performance spaces.
A small practice room on the ground floor with a Yamaha and a Welman
A small practice room on the ground floor with a Virginals, Yamaha and Clavichord
A small practice room on the ground floor with a Ronisch, a Steinway and a Spinet
A small practice room on the ground floor with a Spinet and a Boston
A small rehearsal room in our centrally located converted stable block with a harpsichord and a Kawai.
A medium sized rehearsal room on the first floor of the main Victorian house with a Yamaha.
· Ideal for adult pianists of any level who wish to practice on a grand piano.
· For professional and student musicians looking for a convenient space with a good quality pianos.
· Pleasant professional rehearsal spaces for ensembles and groups.
· Rooms and halls have pianos as listed as well chairs and music stands
· There are toilet facilities adjacent or close to all our rehearsal spaces
· There is plentiful free parking on site.
· Hitchin mainline station is a 7 minute walk from Benslow Music as is Hitchin town centre with cafes, pubs and shops. Hitchin is connected by direct train line to King’s Cross (30 mins) and Cambridge (30 mins).