A Short History of St Thomas
The original church here was built in 1889. The builders were Thomas Gregory and Company of Clapham, and the total cost about £5,500. The church was consecrated on 28 October 1889. During the war of 1939–45 it was severely damaged by enemy action. In 1951 the benefice was united with that of St. Andrew and St. Philip, Golborne Road to form the Parish of St Thomas with St Andrew and St Philip Kensal Town. For many years the Church Hall which escaped the bombing, served as the church until in 1967 the current St. Thomas's was rebuilt (and a vicarage added) on the site of the old St Thomas' Church . The architect was Romilly B. Craze.