Our premises comprises :
- Well equipped and flexible main performance space seating up to 120 people in a variety of configurations
- Foyer and bar
- Studio space / dance studio seating up to 50 for small scale productions and events
- Two other rehearsal rooms
History of the Tower Theatre
The building was originally built as a chapel and school by the Primitive Methodists in 1875. The building was consecrated as the Northwold Road Synagogue in 1955 but closed in 1989. In 1992, Sunstone Health and Leisure Club refitted the building as a women-only gym.
The gym closed in 2014 and the building remained unused until the Tower’s purchase in 2018. The building with its new design by Suzie Bridges Architects provides a production base for the company – performance spaces, rehearsal spaces, foyer, bar, box office, office, meeting room and storage for props and wardrobe.