91% of businesses use videos to market their goods and services, while 92% claim that creating video content generates a positive return on investment. In some ways, it’s easy to see why. Video snippets can quickly go viral on social media, providing impressive organic reach that quickly drives leads and sales. Video formats can also boost the amount of time web users spend looking at your content, increasing consumer loyalty and helping your brand secure a name for itself.
However, as more brands and content creators compete for attention, the more video content they require to remain popular and relevant. This problem presents a real challenge for marketers, as filming and editing video content consumes high quantities of time and resources. With this in mind, how can content creators ensure their followers enjoy a regular diet of high-quality video content? Enter artificial intelligence (AI).
AI video generators are online programmes designed to help you create video content without the need for editing software or even film equipment. Whether you’re an influencer struggling to keep up with follower demand or a videographer looking to experiment with video creation techniques, the following platforms could help save you a lot of time.
- Deepbrain AI
Synthesia produces realistic AI generated video content using plain text. Users can choose from a wide range of AI avatars to dictate their text in over 120 languages and accents, offering closed captions to boot. If you’re looking to produce a training video or informative advert without the need for an actor, Synthesia could provide a highly cost-effective solution. Having already made its way into the marketing toolboxes of big brands such as Reuters, Google, and Nike, Synthesia represents one of the most sophisticated technologies in the AI video generator market.
If that weren’t enough, Synthesia is super easy to use. Simply enter the text you would like your avatar to dictate, pick an appropriate AI actor, and allow the technology to do its job. If you want to appear in the video but are feeling a little camera-shy, Synthesia will create a custom avatar that looks just like you. Once the programme has developed your video, you can add branding, music, custom backgrounds, and other editorial tweaks.
- Over 70 AI avatars from which to choose
- Perfect for businesses operating in various languages
- Free media library with which to curate your videos
- No video editing experience required
- Intuitive interface that allows you to create videos in under four minutes
- Offers a corporate package for businesses
- Lacks traditional editing features
- May be a little restrictive for videographers hoping to inject some creative flair
2. Deepbrain AI
Deepbrain AI creates text-to-speech videos in under five minutes and is particularly helpful for creating engaging explainer videos. If you’re looking to spice up a PowerPoint presentation, you can upload your slides and a script and allow a friendly avatar to do the hard work for you. Once your video comes to life, you can export the file and integrate the content into your marketing strategy or video project.
- It’s easy to create a custom AI avatar that suits your brand or project
- You can significantly cut editing and filming costs
- The editing tool is easy to use and suitable for beginners
- Less sophisticated compared to other programmes on the market
- Somewhat restrictive in terms of the types of videos it generates
Synths.video prides itself on helping wannabe YouTubers kickstart their own channels with high-quality, AI-generated videos. As with other AI video generators, the platform creates videos using text inputs and features an easy-to-use interface. Unlike some of the other options on this list, however, Synths.video is targeted at people looking to scale up their output of video content quickly. As such, its pricing model is a little pricier compared to other programmes. Its YouTube Start package, for example, starts at $399 per month for 10 videos created using article content. From there, Synths.video offers premium and customizable plans that can handle up to 100 videos per month, including add-ons such as YouTube thumbnails and branding.
- Can generate a significant amount of video content with minimal effort on your part
- Offers a library of over 40 realistic avatars
- Accommodates over 40 languages
- Automatically uploads videos straight to your YouTube account
- Includes premium lip-sync technology to ensure your videos look as natural as possible
- Everything is completely automated, so you don’t require editing experience
- May not suit hobbyists or videographers who don’t wish to create large volumes of content
- Not the best programme if you don’t intend to upload content to YouTube
- One of the more expensive AI video generators on the market
Find green screen studios for your next video shoot
Choose from 1000+ spaces and locations on Tutti and deal directly with space hosts for a quick, hassle-free booking process.
Okay, so this programme doesn’t technically generate original videos from scratch. However, it harnesses the power of AI to make editing videos a breeze. So, if you’ve gone through the trouble of producing high-quality raw content using premium film equipment such as cinematic lenses, VEED will ensure your video editing doesn’t let the side down.
VEED allows users to enhance their videos using customized text, fonts, and music. You can also select themed templates to ensure your videos strike the right note with viewers. If that weren’t enough, you don’t have to download any memory-guzzling software and can edit videos directly in your browser. Whether you’re hoping to polish a webinar recording or try your hand as a YouTuber, VEED can help you get it right the first time.
- Transcribe videos in a single click
- No editing experience required
- Includes many features such as voice-over recording and music libraries
- Offers a free plan so you can try before you buy
- Paid plans are very cost-effective
- Takes a little longer to create video compared to other AI programmes (around 20 minutes)
- Doesn’t offer AI avatars
Again, InVideo works by generating video from text inputs and takes only minutes to create professional-quality content. Unlike some platforms, InVideo permits users to share their content directly to social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram, helping to cut down your administrative workload. It also offers a flexible drag-and-drop editor that can be used to create sleek presentations, testimonial videos, promotional content, and much more.
- Features many professionally designed templates to minimize your workload
- Great for beginners
- Automatically creates thumbnails for every video
- Features clear user guides to help you get started with the tool
- Offers a free package so you can test the software before choosing a paid package
- Includes access to iStock’s media library
- Paid versions include watermarks
- Doesn’t offer the impressive AI technologies associated with programmes like Synthesia
Elai creates customised videos using text from a range of sources, including blog posts. Simply paste the relevant URL into the video generator and select a professional template that suits your vision. Then, you can review the video and make any relevant edits before rendering and downloading your file.
Great for beginners, Elai offers a detailed introductory guide to help users make the most of cutting-edge AI technologies. It’s primarily aimed at users looking to create training or product demonstration videos without the need for a human actor.
- You can translate content into over 65 languages, without the need for localisations specialists
- Developed by a team of AI experts
- You can easily add animations to videos
- Smaller selection of ready-made avatars compared to other platforms
- You’ll need to manually add text to every slide
- Long videos take a long time to render
Pictory is both a video creation and editing tool – perfect for seasoned videographers and video marketers looking to integrate AI into their practice. If you’re tired of clipping out the various ‘umms’ and ‘ahhs’ in conversational videos, Pictory can help. The programme can turn video audio into a transcript that you can subsequently use to edit your video, without having to watch the same clip over and over again.
Pictory’s AI technology also allows users to upload a script that it will use to select relevant accompanying visuals from its extensive image and video library. If you’re looking to create an engaging and professional explainer video, this feature could significantly reduce your workload.
- Auto-transcription features
- Automatically convert long-form videos into a montage of shorter video highlights
- Edit video using text
- Quickly convert blog posts and articles into visual content
- Automatically summarize long videos
- Great for editing lengthy webinars or Zoom recordings
- Super easy to use
- Offers masterclasses
- Some voice-overs sound a little unnatural
- Fewer customizable options compared to other apps
- The standard package doesn’t include branded intros and Hootsuite integrations
Lumen5 allows users to generate videos from scratch or upload their own footage to create sleek and engaging video content. This platform is one of the cheaper options on the list, with the cheapest paid package starting at $19 per month. If you’re looking to spruce up raw video content with little effort, Lumen5 could represent your new favourite technology – no editing skills required!
- Includes access to an extensive library of high-quality images and video clips
- Produces professional-looking videos perfect for social media platforms
- Affordable pricing for marketers
- Pricing structure suitable for businesses but unlikely to appeal to solo videographers
- The Voice-over feature can be a little temperamental
- No sound or image editing tools
- Video editing options more restrictive compared to other platforms
Designs.ai creates much more than video content – it’s also capable of automatically generating assets such as logos, designs, speeches, and more. If you’re looking to automate a wide range of creative tasks, this intuitive platform could represent the perfect solution. It offers a free plan if you want to try before you buy, although you won’t be able to download any of the content you generate.
Although Design.ai offers a wide range of features, it doesn’t skimp on the details. The video generator will create content featuring stunning visual effects, professional animations, music, and more – perfect for producing your next ad campaign or promotional video. Its interface is also super user-friendly, allowing you to input your text and allow the programme to work its magic.
- Reasonably priced given its excellent array of features
- Suitable for everyone from amateur videographers and visual design students to entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Videos look just as professional as those produced by pricier apps
- Offers a huge array of royalty-free assets from 123RF
- You’ll receive help from a great support team
- AI voice is a little robotic and uninspiring
- The website suffers from bugs
- The Video Maker tool is a little slow and can be frustrating to use
- The free plan only allows you to preview your logos and videos
VideoBolt is another platform that allows users to edit existing footage, as well as generate videos from scratch. The platform features tonnes of attractive templates you can use to cut down your editing time and attract new followers, customers, or fans.
Beyond its handy features, VideoBolt runs an affiliate programme through which you can make some extra cash. For every partner you successfully encourage to join VideoBolt, you’ll receive $120. You’ll just need to apply to become an official partner and showcase your video content to colleagues and friends.
- Offers logo reveals and product intros – great for entrepreneurs and marketing teams
- High-quality video that can be applied to a wide range of projects
- Excellent templates help users create stunning videos in minutes
- Online reviews suggest the customer support team is a little uncommunicative
- Interface is a little trickier to navigate compared to other software
- It’s a little more expensive than other apps and is primarily suited for established businesses
- Video rendering can be a little slow
Wisecut is a video editing platform that uses AI to refine your videos and help you create captivating content at lightning speed. While its AI features may not be as advanced as other programmes mentioned here, its affordable packages and intuitive editing features are perfect if you’re struggling to refine raw footage to an acceptable standard. In other words, this app is perfect for those looking to edit pre-recorded footage, including webinars and conference recordings.
- AI voice booster enhances background noise and improves voice quality
- Auto-ducking allows you to play a music track throughout your video while lowering the music volume whenever someone talks
- Auto-subtitling feature with AI translations
- Affordable and user-friendly
- Includes comprehensive help and guidance if you’re new to video editing
- Drag and drop interface is easy to learn
- YouTube integration features
- Includes a free option that allows you to edit up to 45 minutes of video per month
- Fewer automated features compared to other AI video generators
- May require a little more learning than other platforms
Last but by no means least we have Flexclip, an app that allows you to generate premium-quality video content for both personal and professional use. Having made a name for itself in the AI space, Flexclip works with several big-name partners, including Google, Microsoft, Unsplash, YouTube, and more.
Why is it so popular? Well, the platform allows users to generate attractive videos by selecting a premade AI template and inserting any AI-generated images that suit their project. Once you’re happy with the video, you can compress the file, change the resolution, add background music, add a video script, and more.
- You can try the platform for free
- One of the best template libraries on the market
- Customise your videos using overlays, animated logos, dynamic text, and more
- Great for social media videos
- Pricing options are a little murky – you’ll need to provide details about your specific requirements before receiving a quote
- Video converter offers limited output formats
Join the AI revolution!
As you can see, there are heaps of AI video generators on the market – each of which comes with its own unique quirks and capabilities. While we’re not suggesting you throw out your cameras and recording equipment just yet, these platforms could prove extremely helpful if you’re looking to automate time-consuming editing jobs or create high volumes of video in a short space of time. Plus, you can experiment with AI to make original content that stands out – whether you’re a casual hobbyist or a manager of a busy marketing team.
If you’re feeling inspired to improve your videography skills, we also recommend checking out our video camera buying guide or our microphone buying guide. Once you’re equipped with the right technologies to suit your need, you can start hunting for a location to create a film. At Tutti, we rent out all sorts of creative spaces and film studios in London. To find out more, don’t hesitate to get in touch on our website.
Find film and video studios with Tutti
Choose from 1000+ spaces and locations on Tutti and deal directly with space hosts for a quick, hassle-free booking process.