Built in 1886 this historic home was originally known as Ribblesdale, and was commissioned by Dr John Hankinson Gornall, who was appointed Medical Officer of Health for Warrington in 1874. He was also a Justice of the Peace for the borough. Balmoral House was turned into a maternity home by Dr John Gornall's son, Dr Richard Guest Gornall, in the 1930s.
The property was then sold 20 years later and became a hotel, until the current owners bought it in 2001.
There is cobbled driveway parking to the front of the property accessed via twin electric double gates.
It includes many of the home's original features from when it was built in the 19th century, including a tiled mosaic floor and stained glass windows in the entrance vestibule and original windows in the entrance hallway and office.
The property has seven bedrooms, three reception rooms and master suite with ensuite bathroom and dressing room.
It also includes a drawing/dining room, cellar party room, bespoke kitchen with AGA cooker and prep kitchen, office, pantry and bar.
The property also has formal gardens to the rear and separate entertaining areas including a bar & party room in the basement.