The Concert Hall is a brand new, versatile, thoughtfully designed events space. Drawing on our years of corporate events experience, we have had our hand in the design process to bring you the best possible version of this vast room. There are brand-new facilities, equipment and an impressive maximum standing capacity of 1,200 – making it a stand-out choice for all manner of events in East London.
SERVICES + FACILITIES
- Professional event staff including front of house, production managers, technicians, etc.
- Capacity: 1200 standing. Curfew: 2am Friday and Saturday and midnight Sunday to Thursday.
- Accessibility: Stairclimber for wheelchair access to space – please contact us for further information.
- Truss, motor hoists, drapes and other rigging equipment.
- Power – 63 3 phase shared to 32 3 phase for lighting and 32 3 phase for sound
- Event lighting rig, dimmers, cabling and console. In-house rigging.
- Industry standard microphones and sound accessories.
- Comprehensive production solutions.
- Creative event consultancy.
- 300mbps upload & download managed fibre optic Internet onsite.
- Complete blackout facility in Concert Hall.
- State of the art L-Acoustics PA including L-ISA Technology in Theatre.
- Full bar service & bar structure.
- Backstage artist dressing room / Production office.
- A range of catering options to suit varying budgets.
- Loading: There is a yard at the rear of the venue with parking for three vans outside of the event hours. There are pay and display bays on Truman’s Road, just next to the venue. Parking dispensation available upon request from London Borough of Hackney.
VILLAGE UNDERGROUND IS A SPACE FOR CREATIVITY & CULTURE IN THE HEART OF EAST LONDON
Our venue is a renovated turn-of-the-century warehouse ready for everything from concerts and club nights to exhibitions, theatre, live art and other performances, as well as being available for private hire.
Village Underground started in 2006, with the aim of building affordable studios for creative people who were struggling to get a foothold in London.
Four tube carriages and two shipping containers were converted into co-working spaces. A few months later, the perfect location was found: the top of an old railway viaduct in the middle of Shoreditch, East London. Great Eastern street was closed for the day and they were hoisted into position by crane. Next to the viaduct was an old Victorian warehouse which had been a coalstore for the railway but had fallen into disrepair. We put a roof on it, cleared out the rubbish, sandblasted the walls and laid down a floor to transform it into the venue that we have now. The main renovations took place over a year, just in time for opening in April 2007.